Sunday, April 29, 2018

A week is a long time in arts....


A week is a long time in arts....
Imagine my surprise when I attended the Watershed Art Prize opening at the John Harvey Gallery in the Salisbury City Council buildings tonight (Friday 27 April) and heard my name announced as the winner of the 1st prize.
My little acrylic "The Night Watch" references the environment and water conservation in the Barker Inlet. 
My sincere thanks to City of Salisbury and the organisers as well as ICE WaRM the major sponsor.


"The Night Watch" acrylic on stretched canvas.
My submission supporting statement:-

The Night Watch – uses humour to highlight the issue of environmental protection. Under the protective umbrella of the Salisbury Council’s Watershed project the Barker Inlet pelicans are able to squabble nightly over the best nesting spots. Their future is being carefully watched over and sensitively managed.

Image may contain: Gerhard Ritter

No comments: