Sunday, March 5, 2017

The week that was...


Saturday night my little elephant was awarded 2nd prize in oils at Tea Tree Gully Art Show.



I didn't have time to paint until Thursday morning when I did three small oils
all approx 12cm x 18cm .....

The Blacksmith - oil on canvas sheet

Child study - oil on mat board (unprimed)


Head of a woman - oil on primed MDF board


Then yesterday morning I tried a watercolour on some paper a dear friend had given me.

Fisherman - watercolour on Blue Lake handmade toned paper from Mt.Gambier. approx 30cm x 40cm



and then in the afternoon when I went to pick up my work from the Tea Tree Gully exhibition I had a lovely surprise.
My small terra cotta had been accorded, what some artist friends regard as the ultimate accolade, a People's Choice Award.

Winston in the garden - terra cotta and australian oak - approx 30cm x 20cm x 15cm




Perhaps colleagues are right - I really haven't got anything to complain about. 

BTW - the watercolour portrait workshop at Art Stretchers on March 19th still has a few vacancies - contact Angela on 82122711 for details.

No comments: