Wednesday, August 30, 2017

A wrap up of a wonderful week or so....

started on Friday with a three day workshop with the internationally acclaimed watercolourist Keiko Tanabe. A great intro to landscape watercolour and a program that both challenged and inspired us. Thanks to SAWS and Adelaide Art Society and of course Keiko. ( I couldn't resist doing a quick sketch as she was demonstrating the final landscape.)



Monday it was session three of six with the Burnside Painters where I'm currently taking members through the joys of painting animals in watercolour with the occasional diversion into the use of mobile technology to help in creating art.


Tuesday it was delivery time for the portrait I completed as part of the RSASA Portrait Prize demonstrations. I hope my oil painting will be well received at the opening on Sunday.



 (I also entered an animal sculpture for consideration in the Solar Art Prize at the RSASA organised by Pip Fletcher)...

 then it was off to Pepper St Art Centre to submit my entries for the SAWS Members' Exhibition "A Wash of Colour" opening this Friday at 6.30pm and continuing until end of September.
I'll be doing a live demonstration there this Saturday from 2pm to 4pm. Please come along if you have the time. If you are interested in doing a short 6 week course with me at Pepper St starting on 17th September you'd better hurry - only a couple of places are left. (see Pepper St website for details).

No comments: