Sunday, June 28, 2009

Michael Atchison


Michael Atchison - oil on canvas - approx - 140cm x 110cm
$ 4,000 Aus

Michael Atchison was the cartoonist for the Adelaide Advertiser for many years, until his retirement in 2007. He was gracious enough to draw his trademark "fly blown" dog in the bottom of this painting. Michael passed away early this year, sadly missed by many.
This painting will be among those on display in my joint exhibition at the Royal South Australian Society of Arts in July 2009.

2 comments:

Michelle Atchison said...

Lovely to see a portrait of my dad. He actually died on 16th February this year (2009).
Michelle

Gerhard said...

Hi Michelle, my sincere apologies for the error. I've updated the post.

I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to meet and paint your Dad - a very gentle gentleman.